Sign in or
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!
Penn State York Summer Institute presents:
Our keynote speakers are leading literacy experts and professional development providers:
- Ruth Culham, author of 6 +1 Traits of Writing, When Giants Unite (The 4Ws of Writing Meet the Common Core State Standards)
- Stephanie Romano, Jolene Borgese, and Dick Heyler, Revision Strategies for Adolescent Writers: Moving Students in the WRITE Direction
- Jeff Anderson (Write Guy), Mechanically Inclined, 10 Things Every Writer Needs to Know
- Ruth Ayres and Stacey Shubitz, Two Writing Teachers, Day by Day. Refining Writing Workshop Through 180 Days of Reflective Practice
- Kate Messner, children's author, Real Revision: Authors' Strategies to Share with Student WritersAttend the full Summer Institute for three (non-degree) graduate credits or for Pennsylvania Act 48 hours.
Please see the "Registration Form" tab for some exciting changes and additions to our program.If you work with students in grades K–12, you cannot afford to miss this event!
Keynote Speakers Break-Out Presenters Course Objective Course Requirements Registration
FACULTY Aileen P. Hower, Ed.D. is the coordinator of the Summer Institute at Penn State York, is a K-12 Reading/ELA Supervisor for a local school district, and teaches courses in graduate Reading education. In addition to her supervising and teaching duties, she is the co-President of South Central Reading Council.
NONDEGREE GRADUATE STUDENT STATUS (Does not apply to educators attending for one day or for Act 48 hours only). Any student who has a baccalaureate degree but has not been admitted to the Penn State Graduate School must apply for admission as a nondegree graduate student in order for graduate transcripts to be issued. Application is only required one time for a fee of $30.00. If you are taking the course for graduate credits, your registration cannot be processed if you have never completed this form. Go to www.hbg.psu.edu or call 717.771.4060. Penn State is committed to affirmative, action, equal opportunity, and the diversity of its workforce.
Latest page update: made by aileen_hower
, Mar 25 2013, 4:23 PM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Edited by aileen_hower
18 words added
2 words deleted
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page